“Moist, flavor-changing, light pound cake. Note: You can change the flavor by using 2/3 cup whipping cream and 1/3 cup flavored coffee creamers (in dairy case). Try mixing some in, they are great.”
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups white sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter for 2 minutes. Add sugar and continue beating for 5 minutes, scraping down bowl occasionally. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color. Add eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition.
- Add flour alternately with whipping cream, beginning and ending with flour. Stir in vanilla and almond extract.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 70 minutes. Allow to cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Turn cake out onto a cotton dish towel and place on cooling rack covered with cotton towel. When cake is cool, top with confectioners’ sugar and serve with fruit or by itself.
Source : allrecipes.com