- aluminum foil
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided, or more to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, or to taste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Coat inside of each spaghetti squash half with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place spaghetti squash, skin-side up, on the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast spaghetti squash in the preheated oven until skin can easily be pierced with a fork, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat until browned. Combine tomatoes, asparagus, onion, basil, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Add to browned ground turkey in the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Pour in chicken broth and cook until asparagus is slightly tender, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove cooked spaghetti squash from oven and let cool until easily handled. Scrape squash into spaghetti strands using a fork and place into a bowl. Try to maintain the integrity of the squash skin and you can using as a serving vessel.
- Place 1/2 the spaghetti squash into a serving dish or the squash skin and top with turkey-vegetable mixture.
Source : allrecipes.com