“This is something I threw together one day when I was faced with an abundance of fresh cherry tomatoes and basil from my garden. Delish!”
- 1 (10 ounce) basket cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 basil leaves, cut into thin strips, or more to taste
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well mixed; spread on a shallow-sided baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tomatoes are soft and wrinkled, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain; reserving a small amount of cooking water.
- Spoon tomatoes with their juices into a small saucepan; add basil and red pepper flakes. Mix in reserved cooking water to thin tomato mixture to desired consistency. Cook and stir over low heat until warmed, about 5 minutes; stir in pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese before serving.
Source : allrecipes.com