“This is a recipe I came up with when I was helping to raise 6 kids. Every penny counted. You can add onions if desired.”
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning (such as Cavender’s(R))
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pint sour cream
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook egg noodles in the boiling water, stirring occasionally, until cooked through but firm to the bite, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain and discard grease. Season beef with Greek seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir mushrooms in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes; add to ground beef.
- Stir sour cream into ground beef mixture; cook and stir until hot, about 5 minutes. Serve over egg noodles.
Source : allrecipes.com