- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups peeled and cubed yellow squash
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped raw almonds
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil and butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir onion and garlic in the hot oil-butter mixture until softened, about 3 minutes. Add squash, salt, and pepper; stir to combine. Cover skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until squash is softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer squash mixture to a large bowl.
- Mix raw almonds and 1/2 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese together in a bowl; stir into squash mixture. Whisk cream and eggs together in a measuring cup or small bowl; stir into squash mixture. Pour squash mixture into a 9×13-inch casserole dish; top with remaining Colby-Monterey Jack cheese and roasted almonds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until casserole is golden brown and bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com