“If you don’t love asparagus, this will bring you into the fold. It’s fantastic.”
- 2 cups water
- 2 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 24 large fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- salt to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring two cups of water to a boil. Cook asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of liquid.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp pieces until the color changes, about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in asparagus with reserved liquid , and season with ginger, soy sauce, sugar, sherry and salt to taste. Continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com