“Eggplant is sauteed, then coated in a spicy sweet sauce. It is simple and delicious! I’m sure you’ll enjoy this!”
- 2 long Chinese eggplants, cubed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 green chile pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place the eggplant cubes into a large bowl, and sprinkle with salt. Fill with enough water to cover, and let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse well, and drain on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, stir together the soy sauce, red wine vinegar, sugar, chile pepper, cornstarch and chili oil. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Fry the eggplant until it is tender and begins to brown, 5 to 10 minutes. Pour in the sauce, and cook and stir until the sauce is thick and the eggplant is evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Source : allrecipes.com