- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 pounds collard greens – rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Cook onion and bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat until onions are soft, 5 to 7 minutes. Add chicken stock, vinegar, brown sugar, and pepper flakes and cook and stir until brown sugar has completely dissolved, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1/2 of the collard greens, reduce heat to medium, and cook until greens are slightly wilted, about 10 minutes. Add remaining greens, toss to combine, and simmer over medium-low heat until tender, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Source : allrecipes.com