- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg
- 1 can (15 oz) spicy chili
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 4 slices (3/4 oz each) process American cheese, cut diagonally in half, if desired
- 1 Heat oven to 450°F. Spray 8-inch square pan with with cooking spray. In medium bowl, stir cornmeal, Bisquick mix, buttermilk, butter, chili powder and egg until mixed. Pour into pan.
- 2 Bake uncovered 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 3 Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, heat chili and tomatoes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bubbly.
- 4 Cut corn bread into 4 squares; cut each square diagonally into 2 triangles. Split each corn bread triangle horizontally. Fill triangles with 1/4 cup chili mixture and cheese piece. Spoon about 1/4 cup chili mixture on top.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories 230
- Total Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 45mg
- Sodium 650mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29g
- Dietary Fiber 3g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 9g