“I created this with ingredients I had in the pantry, and it turned into a family favorite!”
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in ziti and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir until soft, 5 to 7 minutes; remove from skillet. Place chicken into the skillet; cook and stir until no longer pink, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Combine salsa, cream cheese, and taco seasoning in a saucepan over low heat: cook until cream cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine ziti, chicken, salsa mixture, black beans, corn, and onion mixture in a large bowl. Add 8 ounces Cheddar cheese; mix until combined. Pour into a baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven; top with remaining Cheddar cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Source : allrecipes.com