“A very simple Chinese stir-fry dish which is fabulous in taste. I saw my husband going for two additional servings of it and I had to remind him to leave some for the rest of the family! Serve with hot steamed rice.”
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small head cabbage, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- salt, to taste (optional)
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, and add oil. Saute garlic for about 5 seconds, then add ground beef. Stir-fry until beef is evenly brown, 5 to 7 minutes; drain excess fat.
- Stir in cabbage and pepper, and cook until vegetables are tender and beef is fully cooked. Stir in soy sauce. Mix together cornstarch and water, and stir in. Season with pepper; add salt to taste. Cook, stirring, until sauce has thickened.
Source : allrecipes.com