“If you’re in the mood for a little virtual trip into summer, give this technique a try. This works with literally any dry rub and barbecue sauce combo.”
- 1/2 cup ancho chile powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground dried chipotle pepper
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Mix ancho chile powder, white sugar, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, cumin, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, and chipotle pepper in a small bowl until combined.
- Place ribs meat-side down on aluminum foil. Prick back of rib rack several times with a knife.
- Generously apply coating of dry rub to all sides of rib rack.
- With rib rack meat-side down, fold foil around it to create a tight seal. Transfer to sheet pan.
- Bake in preheated oven until tender and cooked through, about 2 hours. Remove and cool 15 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Open foil, drain and discard any accumulated juices and fat. Brush barbeque sauce on all sides of rack.
- Place rack meat-side up and return to oven, leaving foil open. Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven, and brush another layer of barbeque sauce on meat-side only. Repeat baking and brushing with sauce 4 more times, for a total of 50 minutes baking time.
- Cut rack into individual rib segments and serve with more barbeque sauce.
Source : allrecipes.com