“This is a moist, very flavorful pound cake. Absolutely wonderful plain or served with strawberries and whipped cream.”
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 2 1/2 cups white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups cake flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Cream shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy (for best results use an electric mixer). This will take a while. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract.
- Combine baking powder and flour. Stir into creamed mixture alternately with the milk, starting and ending with flour. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
Source : allrecipes.com