- 1 butternut squash- peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot, bring the squash to boil. Reduce to a simmer until squash is soft.
- In a large bowl, mash the softened squash. Mix in the mayonnaise, onion, egg, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together crackers, Parmesan and butter. Sprinkle over the squash mixture.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until the topping is lightly brown.
Source : allrecipes.com